Thursday, January 7, 2016

Possibilities

It's not quite 9 am.

I have been up since 3:30 am.

Just one of those nights.

It is odd though; I am tired, but I am not exhausted like I have been.  I saw a quote not long ago that said "Do not believe everything you tell yourself at 3 in the morning."  The thing is, I feel clearest at 3 in the morning.  If I am up, and really awake and thinking, things are clearer then.  The crap falls away and the really basic truths are so much more obvious.

I am so blessed.  I have a roof over my head, kitties that love me, an amazing husband - who, when I come back to bed, is ready and waiting to wrap his arms around me and be cozy in spite of my freezing toes.

So many things to be grateful for.

The other really odd thing; in spite of the fact that I only got three hours of sleep, I have such plans for my day.  I have no idea how I got here, but I will not allow this day to be wasted.  I may be ready for bed at 4 pm, but I am going to make the best of this day.

Today is going to be one of those magical days that I only get once or twice a month.  Today I feel like anything is possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment