Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Failure for a reason

I have made a discovery:  I can't finish a "to-do" list when it comes to house cleaning.  Why?  For whatever reason, my brain is afraid of having free time that is REAL free time.  I am excellent at procrastinating, I can spend hours avoiding the things I need to get done!   But get those things done and have free time with no pressure to be doing something else, heaven forbid such a thing!  I had been thinking I was just lazy, but there is more to it than that.  When I get going, I am a force to be reckoned with.

Perhaps it is that I expect too much of myself, and to fail because I didn't try seems to be easier to live with than failing because I did everything I could (and I do mean EVERYTHING) and failed to get done anyhow.  So I work at the list, but not as hard as I could because then I know why I failed, instead of wondering why I failed and wondering if I will ever be able to finish what I start.

It is time to revamp the "to-do" list!  I shall have to think on this a bit (while folding laundry, which needs folding rather badly) and shall post my findings as soon as I have a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment